Creative Commons License
Health is wealth by Health is wealth is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.
Based on a work at krish.surendran@gmail.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at krish.surendran@gmail.com.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Beware of Egg Yolk !

We knew very well that Butter & Ghee were very in high Cholesterol,but had probably never thought about an Egg. It is the Egg Yolk that has outsmarted both the above with a heavy margin of almost 4 times the Cholesterol levels !

While Butter & Ghee has a Cholesterol of 250 and 300 mg / 100gm, the Egg Yolk has an equivalent of 1120 mg/100gm!.So it is obviously safe to avoid the Egg Yolk, if you are averse to Cholesterol. In case you are so much fond of Eggs, then take the Egg White alone which has almost zero cholesterol!

Organ Meats like Brain, Heart, Kidney, & liver have Cholesterol in the range of 100-400 mg/100gms.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you bought this up. Not everyone is aware of the Yellow part of egg which is high in cholesterol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, nice information. i want to share my views which may help others. After years of searching for a solution for my premature ejaculation problem, I found Invigo. The best part is that I dont have to worry about any side effects and I dont need to depend on a pill every time as it is a permanent solution. I recommend Invigo to all who have this problem and you would definitely find a difference. I am glad it is coming to India.we can reach it at www.invigo.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think i only eat like 2 to 3 eggs in a week. Shouldn't be harmful to me.

      mango diet

      Delete